In New York and looking to learn more about wine? Like a LOT about wine? Kevin Zraly’s Windows on the World Wine School Fall registration is open.
Kevin Zraly, a James Beard Lifetime Achievement Award Recipient, has been teaching about wine for more than 30 years and the book which he wrote and uses for the class, Windows on the World Complete Wine Course, is the #1 wine book in the world, with more than 4 million copies sold. (That’s a lot of readers!!)
Kevin was kind enough to give me a copy of it this spring when I had the privilege of meeting him. I devoured it… It is easy to follow, and yet has great depth of information. PLus it has all these cool QR code thingies so you can hear him talk about the book, too.
If I lived in New York, I’d definitely be registering for this class. Mr. Zraly has an encyclopedic knowledge of wine and I can only imagine he presents it in such an unassuming, approachable way, judging from our meetings and his book.
But I am in Houston, so I’ll have to settle perhaps for just one class over an extended trip to Manhattan sometime. (Yes, you can just sign up for individual classes.)
Interested? Here are the details:
Windows on the World Wine School, Fall semester
Marriott Marquis Hotel, 1535 Broadway and 45th St., NYC
Mondays, September 24 through November 12, 7- 9 p.m.
- Class #1 White Wines of France
- Class #2 White Wines of California and New York
- Class #3 Component Tasting, White Wines of Germany
- Class #4 Red Wines of Burgundy and the Rhone
- Class #5 Red Wines of Bordeaux
- Class #6 Red Wines of California
- Class #7 Red Wines of Spain and Italy Press Contact:
- Class #8 Champagne & Port Michelle Woodruff
- Other topics: Wines from Chile, Argentina, South Africa, Australia, and New Zealand
$995 per person- Includes all wines tasted (over $3,000 worth of wine), wine book and diploma. Advance registration required. Classes cost $125 if taken individually.
ALL ABOUT WINE: 10-12 Wines tasted per class based on regions listed.
HOW TO ENROLL:
Call (845) 255-1456
Email us at kevin(at) kevinzraly.com,
or Visit Kevin Zraly’s website.