Hello Wine4.Me friends!
As much as I love celebrating the joys of life with the perfect glass of wine and helping others find the perfect glass of wine for them, too, I love staying alive and helping others stay alive even more. If you’re reading in the US, you know we’re in the midst of a big holiday weekend as we celebrate the 240th anniversary of the signing of the Declaration of Independence. That is some cool stuff!
No matter how you are celebrating, remember to keep it smart. If you’ll be celebrating away from home, be sure to designate a sober driver. If you’ll be hosting a get-together, make sure that your guests have a safe way to return home.
Have non-alcoholic drinks for designated drivers
Bottled water and soda are easy options to offer those who won’t be enjoying wine and beer during the celebration. But, you can make things a little bit more exciting by offering some different non-alcoholic beverages to your guests.
- Stay hydrated! Try making some fruit-infused water like Krista from Joyful Healthy Eats does.
- Mix up some homemade lemonade. Good Cheap Eats has recipes for a traditional homemade lemonade as well as a Strawberry Lemonade.
- Keep it cool with a Watermelon Slush from Prevention RD.
- Serve up some “virgin” cocktails like this Virgin Mojito or this Virgin Bellini from Food & Wine.
Offer a selection of wine or sangria
We understand that wine preference is very personal, but some wines just stand out as crowd favorites. Check out this list of wines that we’ve found to be a hit at parties. It’s always nice to offer at least one white and one red option for your guests. Of course, you can always use the Wine4.Me app to get personalized recommendations as well. Or, if your guests bring some bottles to share, make sure you rate any wines you try in our app so you get even better recommendations in the future.
Sangria is also an excellent choice for your summer celebration, and it is so easy to make. Check out our basic sangria recipe here. Mix up either white or red…or both! If you want some 4th of July flair, add blueberries or red fruit like strawberries or raspberries.
Serve up tasty eats
- Cheese: Our app can help you find cheeses to pair with wines of your choice.
- Chicken: Grilled Chicken Thighs for a Crowd
- Steak: Perfectly Grilled Ribeye Roasts
- Pork: Grilled Pork Tenderloin
- Fish: Cedar Plank Grilled Halibut
- Seafood: Cajun Crawfish Boil
- Vegetarian: Grilled Vegetable Salad with Cilantro Lime Dressing