International Albariño Day is this Saturday, August 1st. If you’ve never tried Albariño, this is a fun opportunity to change that. The Wine4.Me app can help you find a bottle to try, find a dish to pair with it, rate the wine, and take notes about your experience.
What is Albariño?
Albariño is a white wine that comes from the Albariño grape which is grown most notably in Rίas Baixas in northwest Spain and also in the Vinho Verde region of northwest Portugal. It’s also grown in other parts of the world, including the U.S.
Typically, you’ll find Albariño to be very aromatic much like Viogner, yet lighter in body. It is ideal to pair with seafood or to sip with cheeses and crackers. Its crisp flavor, which comes from its high acidity, makes Albariño perfect for a hot, August day.
Try a bottle of Albariño!
Use the Wine4.Me app to find a bottle of Albariño to taste and rate. To find a bottle of Albariño in the app:
- Tap on FIND A WINE, then tap on WHITE and then tap SEARCH.
- Tap on the gray FILTER circle, and then tap GRAPE.
- Tap on ALBARINO until the circle turns green and then tap SAVE.
- Tap FILTER to view the Albariño wines in the app.
Some Albarinos that you might want to try include:
- Bodegas Fillaboa Albariño ~ $16
- Martin Codax Albariño ~ $14
- Bodegas Paso Robles Galicia Albariño ~ $25
- Burgans Albariño ~ $14
- Pazos de Lusco Zios Albariño ~ $16
- Bodegas La Val Finca de Arantei Albariño ~ $16
- Jose Limeres Licia Albariño ~ $16
Pair that bottle with a dish that compliments it!
Try one of these recipes from Wine4.Me
Use the Wine4.Me app to find other dish recommendations.
- Tap on WINE AND FOOD.
- Tap on the gray search box and type in the name of the Albariño wine you want to serve. Tap on the wine selection.
- Scroll through the generated list of dishes that will pair well with Albariño.
Some dishes you might want to try include:
- Chicken – grilled & BBQ
- Fish Tacos
- Pasta Salad
- Pork Tenderloin
- Vegetable Stir Fry
Don’t forget your International Albariño Day experience!
Use the Wine4.Me app to remember your Albariño Day experience. Make sure to taste & rate the wine in the app so that you can get even better wine recommendations in the future. Also, you can take notes on the particular wine. Here’s how:
- Find the bottle of Albariño listed in the app and tap on the selection.
- Scroll down and then tap on VIEW MY NOTES.
- Tap on CREATE A NEW NOTE.
- Give the note a title like “International Albariño Day” and then type in your thoughts on the wine, what you ate with it, etc. When you are done, tap the blue check mark to save your note.
Happy International Albariño Day!