International Tempranillo Day is Thursday, November 12th. If you’ve never tried Tempranillo, don’t let this day of celebration pass without changing that! The Wine4.Me app can help you find a bottle to try, find a dish to pair with it, rate the wine, and take notes about your experience.
What is Tempranillo?
Tempranillo is a variety of red grape that is native to Spain. Its name comes from the Spanish word temprano which means “early” because these grapes ripen earlier than other Spanish grape varieties. It is the Rioja region’s most widely grown grape and makes up 81% of the region’s wine acreage.
Try a bottle of Tempranillo!
Use the Wine4.Me app to find a bottle of Tempranillo to taste and rate. To find a bottle of Tempranillo in the app:
- Tap on Red Wines.
- Scroll down and tap on Tempranillo.
- Tap on an individual wine to get more information.
Some Tempranillos that you might want to try include:
- Tapena Tempranillo Vino de la Tierra – $9
- Bodegas Cepa 21 Hito ~ $14
- Campo Viejo Rioja Reserva ~ $14
- Bodegas Vina Eguia Rioja Reserva ~ $15
- Bodegas Volver Single Vineyard Tempranillo ~ $15
- Bodegas Ramon Bilbao Rioja Reserva ~ $20
- Bodegas Breton Criadores Lorinon Reserva ~ $20
- La Rioja Alta Vina Alberdi Reserva ~ $22
Pair that bottle with a dish that compliments it!
Try one of these recipes from Wine4.Me
Use the Wine4.Me app to find other dish recommendations.
- Tap on FIND FOOD/WINE PAIRINGS.
- Tap on the gray search box and type in the name of the Tempranillo wine you want to serve. Tap on the wine selection.
- Scroll through the generated list of dishes that will pair well with Tempranillo.
Some dishes you might want to try include:
Don’t forget your International Tempranillo Day experience!
Use the Wine4.Me app to remember your Tempranillo Day experience. Make sure to taste & rate the wine in the app so that you can get even better wine recommendations in the future. Also, you can take notes on the particular wine. Here’s how:
- Find the bottle of Tempranillo listed in the app and tap on the selection.
- Scroll down and then tap on VIEW MY NOTES.
- Tap on CREATE A NEW NOTE.
- Give the note a title like “International Tempranillo Day” and then type in your thoughts on the wine, what you ate with it, etc. When you are done, tap the blue check mark to save your note.
Happy International Tempranillo Day!