We recently released an update to the Wine4.Me app called Wines Like This. With a few taps, you can find other wines that are similar to a particular wine that you know you like or that you want to try but can’t locate in your local shop.
How to use the “Wines Like This” feature
1. Locate the wine that you know you like (or can’t locate but wanted to try) in the app.
- One the home screen, tap on the color of wine you want – Red, White, or Pink.
- Tap on the Variety of wine that you’d like to search.
- Type in the name of the wine you want to find in the search box or finger scroll to find the wine. Tap on the name to open the Wine Detail.
2. Once you’re on the Wine Detail screen, you can quickly locate other wines that share a similar taste profile.
- Finger scroll down just below the rating section that says View Wines Like This.
- Tap on View Wines Like This.
- This will open a list of wines that have a similar taste profile to the previously detailed wine. The wines closer to the top of the list will be the closest matches.
3. Don’t be surprised if you see other wine varieties suggested. Wines have many different characteristics and flavors. The particular variety of grape is just one element to a wine’s overall taste profile. When looking for a substitute wine, this new app feature analyzes the wine’s overall taste profile and suggests other wines that will have a similar taste profile and that will match YOUR personal taste profile.
We hope you enjoy this new feature. If you don’t yet have the Wine4.Me iPhone app, you can download it for FREE. Tell it what wines you know you like and get your own personalized rankings of best-selling, widely available wines in the US.